Why is Creativity important in Education?
Watch this interview with Sir Ken Robinson and reflect on his beliefs and thoughts. Do you share them?
Then, answer the following questions:
1. According to Sir Ken Robinson, there’s a false assumption when people think about education. Which is it?
2. How does that assumption show itself?
3. What is the contradiction between politicians’ and business leaders’ responses?
4. What kind of survey did IBM launch?
5. What was found out by means of this poll?
6. Why were CEOs worried about that issue in terms of business running?
7. What does creative teaching require? Why?
8. Why is there a cultural imperative too?
9. What sort of challenges do we face in our current world?
10. What is a task for Education?
11. What is the third big reason to go into creative teaching, and why?
After listening to the interview, discuss with your mates:
Are you ready to transform Education?
If you'd like to check how well you have done with the listening comprehension questions, you can use this answer key sheet.